[TYPO3-50-general] WikiPage for DevelopementHelpers

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Thu Feb 14 14:26:57 CET 2008

Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> Malte Jansen wrote:
>> What about a common WikiPage about Development Helpers for easy acces
>> to FLOW3 and TYPO3?
>>
>> http://5-0.dev.typo3.org/trac/wiki/DevelopmentHelpers
>
> Why not. But all wiki content must be created on wiki.typo3.org now, the
> trac setup will be history soonish.
>
> I'll put the leftover from the trac wiki into the official wiki some
> time soon and announce that here.
>
> Karsten

Hi Karsten!

Is there a reason, why the wiki of redmine should not be used?

Yesterday, I have chatted with Sebastian about the (work)flow of Testing
and CGL-Validation.
The FLOW3CGL can also read out all exceptions mentionen in the code. So
you can check pretty easy which exceptions are in registered in a simple
db-table with some comment function. So you don't have to enter all
informations of an error by yourself or somebody else.

IMO the Wiki for flow3 and t3 v5 should be move to forge. So you do not
have to switch location managing some documentation. You also could
connect some doc-changes to a revision of the SVN, because than you have
the full controll about documents changed in which revision. (You now
which feature was introduced in which release).

I started with t3 one year ago and was pretty difficult to find all
places concerning development etc. So it would be simple to have just,
the product pages and one dev-page, where all information are stored.

You will normally find bugs if you dev something. You will only get
exceptions, when you are developing. You won't forget some changes in
the documentation easily, if you'll see all information in one place...

It's need to be discussed, but now it's pretty easy to change.

Cheers,

Malte