[TYPO3-50-general] Cache handling with v5

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Tue Nov 13 11:06:56 CET 2007

Hi list,

I'm interested if there will be a better cache handling in v5 then in
current versions. There has been some discussion on the dev list.

Related topics in dev list is:
"WARNING!?? tslib_patcher, pp_chashchecker"

Start reading with posting of 'popy' from 2007-08-23.

A short summary (hope I don't forget something):

a) ----------------------------------------
using the same plugin several times on one site, once cached once
USER_INT is currently not possible (causes cHash-Errors)
   => a tunnel for USER_INT piVars might be needed

b) ----------------------------------------
set_no_cache set from FE-extensions should be treated as USER_INT and
not completely disable page caching, because it's 99% wrongly used
   => Dmitry already has a concept for that, see:

> Generally the idea is:
> - $TSFE->no_cache is saved before entering USER extension
> - $TSFE->set_no_cache() causes a flag set that tells typo3 that this extension does not want caching
> - $TSFE->no_cache is restored after exiting USER extension
> - if set_no_cache was called, extention's output will be discard and it will turned to USER_INT to be called later

But I would change the last step
- if set_no_cache was called, extensions's output will be temporarily
cached (maybe in TSFE-register) and later be included for the USER_INT
call so that it doesn't get processed twice (if this makes sense)

possibility to clear specific cache pages, based on a record (let's say,
clear the only cache only where news item with uid 33 is shown or related)

Will this be possible in v5? Would be a great benefit I think.

--
Greetings,
Franz Koch