[TYPO3-50-general] Dates outside Unix Timestamp

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Tue Nov 13 16:48:01 CET 2007

Hi,

> In the case of our library extension, we have to deal with authors such as
> Epicurius
> birthdate= -341
> death date= -270
>
> For such an author, even the MySQL5 range is not satisfying.

wow, these are quite special dates. As much as I know, MySQL also allows
to store dates and times in separate fields (YYYY-MM-DD and HH:MM:SS).
But I know - that doesn't help in your case. But I think this is the way
TYPO3 should go, so you can use native DB functions for dates and time
where the DB (MySQL, Postgres,..) allows, and use workarounds with LEFT
and RIGHT operands for other DBs.

In your case I think you will have to make a custom solution. Maybe you
can use (+/-)YYYY-MM-DD. But I'm not an expert with this date handling
stuff. For a genealogy I coded for a customer once, I used YYYY-MM-DD.

--
Greetings,
Franz