[TYPO3-50-general] OrthoScript

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri May 18 10:57:41 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

> PS: Please retain the old uppercase notaion for TS objects. *Your* T3
> 5.0 vision goes away much to far from the old spirit. IMHO your
> alienating all current users. I know this isn't the right place for it...

The point is that after working (and contributing) so long with the
current code I feel attached to it. It isn't my baby, it's Kasper's, but
it's a foster child. So my feelings are mixed with any new stuff.

As a coder it's nice to see new ideas and clean up code, and I probably
envy you for having the resources to do whatever you want when creating
a big new system.

As a professional T3 developer I recognize that I have either to fork T3
4.x to make use of my old knowledge or to evaluate other CMSs. The more
things are different, he harder the migration, the less motivation to
move on to a new and unproven CMS.

I don't want to put you down, but your making it hard for an old timer
to get into the spirit. I tried to get involved with a small part of of
TS 5.0. but with the little time I can spend on it, you have been faster
than I can ever be: you started implementing before you even posted
here. This means to me you're kindly listening, but don't want full
blown (possibly lengthy) discussions.

Masi