[TYPO3-50-general] I can't see AJAX anywhere?

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 01:01:16 CEST 2007

This is from experience.

We used xajax for approx 1 year across most of our projects and then
started playing with Prototype. Of course, to use Prototype in PHP you
need to build the server-side but the implementation on the client-side
is more elegant in Prototype than Xajax.

I'm afraid I take your comments about buzz words with a pinch of salt
because of my above comment.

Also, I add more salt because I can't believe you're suggesting not
using client-side processing. Accessibility or not - what about the huge
trends towards using Ajax and other client-side processing (see post on
google gears).

My suggestion:
- prototype for Ajax. Easier and quicker to implement. Cross-browser
event handling etc.
- Simple, custom Ajax server.

It's not a huge issue really. But I'm surprised at the out-dated
comments about client-side coding..

cheers,
dan]