[TYPO3-50-general] Designers wanted! CSS for online documents

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Feb 12 18:26:47 CET 2007

Hi Jens and the 5.0 list (TYPO3.org list and Ben in copy),

during the last days I had the opporunity to focus more on writing
documentation for TYPO3 5.0. As some of you might know, we're using
DocBook as the basis and I can say that it is more and more fun
writing manuals in that format! We're using some nice XML editor for
it which really makes it as easy as writing a normal Open Office
document. (See Karsten's little chapter about that [1])

Well, we're using some standard XSL sheet to render the HTML version
of the documents and have some basic CSS in place. However, in my
opinion The Guide (as we call it ...) is not really fun to read - and
I'm referring to the layout here. And although I'm really not a
designer, I know that there a good ways to improve the layout for
screen reading.

I know that Jens would love to invest some of his time into making
TYPO3 a more nifty place - we had a little chat about that at the
T3BOARD. And creating a nice CSS for online documentation would also
profit TYPO3.org of course as we're using the same DocBook XSL sheet
for the extension manuals.

Jens, would you like to take care of that little project? And who
would like to join? Just check out the current version of the guide
[2] and start working on the stylesheets. If you need any help (FTP
account, whatever) just let me know.

Please answer to this thread in the 5.0 discussion list!

Cheers,
robert

[1] http://5-0.dev.typo3.org/guide/bk02pt01.html
[2] http://5-0.dev.typo3.org/guide/