[TYPO3-50-general] Willing to help Task #1 Create sniffs for PHP Code Sniffer

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Dec 11 15:11:23 CET 2007

Hi Malte,

Am 11.12.2007 um 14:43 schrieb Malte Jansen:

> In my mind there something like
>
> package required for system
>
> Dir:
> CodingGuidelines
> -Classes
> --Sniff
> ---Files (plurale or singulare?)
> ---...
> --Test
> -ExternalCode
> --PHPSniffer (copy of the current version without examples, so you
> only
>               have to copy these files, if there is sth. important)

okay, if you want to go for the TYPO3 Package structure already, then
better
put PHPSniffer in its own package:

Packages/
    TYPO3CGL/
       Classes/
          T3_TYPO3CGL_CodingStandard.php
          Sniff/
             Classes/
             Commenting/
             Files/
             WhiteSpace/
                T3_TYPO3CGL_Sniff_WhiteSpace_ScopeClosingBrace.php
        Tests/
           Sniff/
              WhiteSpace/
                 T3_TYPO3CGL_Sniff_WhiteSpace_ScopeClosingBraceTest.php
        Documentation/
           * we can place some documentation here ... *

If we put the CodeSniffer into a TYPO3 package or not needs to be seen,
but for the time being, just rely on the include path.

> So it could be moved somewhere, but you don't have to change the basic
> structure.
>
> Perhaps ExternalCode could also be a special dir of other OpenSource
> Projects which are needed...

We have the Resources/PHP/ dir for that in the TYPO3 packages. But for
now
just assume that Code Sniffer is in the include path.

>>> ood idea. Maybe you find even more rules we can enforce.
>>
> Shall I add it to the Wiki?

yes, please.

robert