[TYPO3-50-general] TypoScript 2.0 and Relax NG

"Kitsunet (Christian Müller)" christian at kitsunet.de
Fri Apr 13 14:39:30 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have the idea to (re-)define TypoScript with Relax NG. This will allow
> syntax checking and TS editors that can get the info on the current
> object from the Relax NG definition (no magic involved).
>
> Addionally I think we should reuse the old ObjTS idea and turn TS
> objects into PHP objects. So in the future a TS objects consists of a
> class and a describing Relax NG definition (which may be linked to help
> files). IMHO this can even be made flexible so that an extension ships
> with a class and its own Relax NG definition for custom object. Note
> that every plugin, must have a Relax NG definition as well.
>
> But TS 2.0 may need a bit of reshifting and renaming of existing objects
> and attributes. To solve this problem I suggest a transition phase in
> 4.x. We add the new names as aliases, but deprecate the old names. In
> 5.0 the support for the old names will disappear.
>
> Masi

Sounds interesting, but that would mean to write Typoscript in XML,
wouldn't it? I think this induces a lot of overhead to typoscript, but I
might be wrong with that. Or do you plan to parse current TS Syntax into
XML?
On the other hand I like the idea to have TS Objects as PHP Objects and
create an flexible/extensible TS.

Christian