[TYPO3-50-general] TypoScript 2.0 and Relax NG

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Apr 13 10:27:09 CEST 2007

Hi!

I have the idea to (re-)define TypoScript with Relax NG. This will allow
syntax checking and TS editors that can get the info on the current object
from the Relax NG definition (no magic involved).

Addionally I think we should reuse the old ObjTS idea and turn TS objects
into PHP objects. So in the future a TS objects consists of a class and a
describing Relax NG definition (which may be linked to help files). IMHO
this can even be made flexible so that an extension ships with a class and
its own Relax NG definition for custom object. Note that every plugin, must
have a Relax NG definition as well.

But TS 2.0 may need a bit of reshifting and renaming of existing objects
and attributes. To solve this problem I suggest a transition phase in 4.x.
We add the new names as aliases, but deprecate the old names. In 5.0 the
support for the old names will disappear.

Masi