[TYPO3-50-general] TypoScript 2.0 and Relax NG

Martin Kutschker martin.t.kutschker at n0spam.blackbox.net
Fri Apr 13 20:20:06 CEST 2007

Kitsunet (Christian Müller) schrieb:

> Sounds interesting, but that would mean to write Typoscript in XML,
> wouldn't it?

No. Relax NG is just like XML schema or DTD a way to describe a syntax.
TS would be still TS.

IMHO Relax is easy enough to parse, so that the TS parser may work on
plain ol text TS, but for an external Relax NG checker TS may be changed
into XML before.

Note that Relax NG itself comes in two flavours: (verbose) XML and
(short) text.

> On the other hand I like the idea to have TS Objects as PHP Objects and
> create an flexible/extensible TS.

We could  of course have this some other way. The advangtage of using a
formal description is the possibility of easy syntax checking/hilighting
etc with extended TS. And a USER/USER_INT configuration is extended TS.

I prefer Relax NG because its in comparison to XML schema and DTDs easy
to read and use.

Masi