[TYPO3-50-general] New pages, a roadmap and more news ...

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Sep 29 12:55:31 CEST 2006

Robert Lemke schrieb:
> Hi Martin,
>

> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>
>> I'm much in favour of naming guidelines but we all know that the
>> current code is in this regard a mess.
>>
>> Perhaps it can be solved by a number of references to old-style names.
>> Should IMHO be possible (eg $this->old &= $this->new). When surrouned
>> by proper and standardized comments they may be removed automatically
>> by a script.
>
> Where it is possible, a kind of transition guideline from 4.x to 5.0
> surely makes sense - and that will not only cover naming but also more
> general questions. Questions like "In TYPO3 4.x I used
> pi_linkTPKeepPiVars() to create my links - where is that function now?"
> should be answered with examples.

Of course.

Mind that if the list of changes is too large converting extensions may
become too costly. Perhaps a kind of compatibility layer  - as an
extension! - makes sense for a transition phase. eg I'd try to get rid of a
number of global variables (using singletons instead) which could be
instantiated by this compat.ext.

Masi