[TYPO3-50-general] New pages, a roadmap and more news ...

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Sep 29 12:39:00 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

> I'm much in favour of naming guidelines but we all know that the current
> code is in this regard a mess.
>
> Perhaps it can be solved by a number of references to old-style names.
> Should IMHO be possible (eg $this->old &= $this->new). When surrouned by
> proper and standardized comments they may be removed automatically by a
> script.

Where it is possible, a kind of transition guideline from 4.x to 5.0
surely makes sense - and that will not only cover naming but also more
general questions. Questions like "In TYPO3 4.x I used
pi_linkTPKeepPiVars() to create my links - where is that function now?"
should be answered with examples.

robert