[TYPO3-50-general] TCEForms

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Oct 13 12:45:25 CEST 2006

Dan,

Dan Frost schrieb:

>> That's great! I'm curious to see the typical Dan Frost approach ;-)
>
> object, object, object...!

I knew it ... Then you'll feel at home with 5.0.

>> Sidenode: What I have in mind is that you create a little concept with
>> diagrams and code examples explaining your ideas. In TYPO3s history we
>> had a lot of communication going on on a very detailled level. We have
>> to learn from that for the 5.0 project and try to present our ideas in a
>> less verbose but in a more vivid manner. See what I mean?
>>

> I agree - where these ideas be presented? If diagrams, is there
> somewhere we can upload them to?

For just put it into the wiki or link to a page from the wiki:

   http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TYPO3_5.0-Development

We will enhance the 5.0 team pages at typo3.org step by step and then
we'll also find a proper location for these kinds of documents.

>> By the way: Do you know of any round trip capable UML editor for PHP5?
>>

> No, but I built an XMI (UML XML) to PHP converter and started on  a
> PHP-parser which could go back the other way. I couldn't decide whether
> or not to carry on or work on an existing tool... What do you think?

Hmm, I'm not sure. Currently I see UML diagrams mostly as a good way to
visualize and document code. From my experience I tend to switch to
design by coding very quickly ....

robert