[TYPO3-50-general] TCEForms

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Oct 13 12:36:31 CEST 2006

Hi Sven,

Sven Wilhelm schrieb:
> My favorite way there is to have a strong object definition and be able
> to generate default views and controllers for that by dedicated
> generators.

Well, that's so general that it can't be wrong ;-)

> But the first question for all form stuff will be:
>
> How much of the ultraflexibility of TYPO3 is really needed?
> You cannot design any system without any specification.

True, we'll surely need the Data Access Component before we go into
details. But still: we can easily create our own specification by using
our experience from trillions of projects where forms were needed in the
front- end backend. So let's start with a specification then.

> I think grouping attributes of (data) objects into restriction levels
> makes more sense than the old way of big acl lists for selected database
> records.
>
> Also having a set of default groups defined (editors, chief editor,
> template admin, admin) makes design process much more easier.

As I assume that we'll have a JSR-170 based content repository under the
hood, there won't be such a thing as database queries anyway. As for the
  groups - why should we give up the flexibility we currently have and
limit us to predefined user groups? Presets would be okay.

robert