[TYPO3-50-general] TCEForms

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at moduleBox.com
Fri Oct 13 13:54:30 CEST 2006

> > My favorite way there is to have a strong object definition and be able
> > to generate default views and controllers for that by dedicated
> > generators.
>
> Well, that's so general that it can't be wrong ;-)

Perfect, and also the answer is so general that you have no really
feedback on that :)

The idea behind is to generate object definitions in maybe xml schema.

If you have an object defined like that (just general now)

object name="User"
  Firstname String
  Surname   String
  Email     EmailAdress
  Phone     InternationalPhoneNumber

you have at least two strong datatypes in your object, the EmailAdress
and the InternationalPhoneNumber.

What can I do with strong datatypes?
-> Generate Validator
   -> What do I need for that?
      -> Validator Name
      -> Regular Expression
-> Build the HTML, build the complete edit mask,...

How can I define strong datatypes?
Simply in xml schema.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
targetNamespace="http://www.modulebox.com/Namespaces/2006/BasicDataTypes"
xmlns:tns="http://www.modulebox.com/Namespaces/2006/BasicDataTypes">

    <xsd:simpleType name="EmailAddress">
        <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
                <xsd:pattern value="[\w-\.]+@([\w-]+\.)+[\w-]{2,4}"/>
        </xsd:restriction>
    </xsd:simpleType>

    <xsd:simpleType name="SipUrl">
        <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
                <!-- format for
sip:sip-Id.additional at my.provider.de[:PortNumber] -->
                <xsd:pattern value=""/>
        </xsd:restriction>
    </xsd:simpleType>

    <xsd:simpleType name="InternationalPhoneNumber">
        <xsd:annotation>

<xsd:documentation>http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internationales_Nummernformat</xsd:documentation>
        </xsd:annotation>
        <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
                <xsd:pattern value="pattern is: +49 30 123456"/>
        </xsd:restriction>
    </xsd:simpleType>
</xsd:schema>

Too general?