[TYPO3-50-general] phpCRJackrabbit status & progress...

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Nov 30 17:37:16 CET 2006

Hi Martin,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

> So it's not a Jackrabbit but a JAVA CR bridge?

Yes and no:

Yes – theoretically it's a JCR bridge because all JSR-170 compliant CRs
implement the standard interfaces.

No – we'll have to add some functionality to the API, for example for
the management of Node Types. At that point we'll have likely specific
implementations for Jackrabbit etc.

> Perhaps not many PHP programmers are interested in a Java bridge at all.

But the point is: The development of the native PHP version (TYPO3 CR)
will take quite some time. In the meantime we need a working repository
already for the development of other parts of 5.0. Therefore the
Jackrabbit Connector will a) be a shortcut for us developers and b) a
future alternative to the PHP based TYPO3 CR for those companies who
want to access a JCR from TYPO3.

> Does anyone know how long it would take to build/finish the bridge?

How can we know that? But I would guess that implementing 90% of the
interfaces will take something like a week and the rest 10% might take
some weeks or even months if big problems arise.

However, I think that it can be achievable having a working connector
until end of this year if we really work on it.

--
robert