[TYPO3-50-general] phpCRJackrabbit status & progress...

Ronny Unger ru at phpz.de
Wed Nov 29 16:29:28 CET 2006

Hi,

a big issue is, that without knowing the java classes exactly, you are
not able to implement the phpCR interfaces correctly. For connecting to
the CR or creating a node, there are a lot of examples out there. But if
you are going into detail, it gets much harder.

And if you don't know exactly what the interface or corresponding java
class is doing, it is also difficult to write good unit tests. So the
way I took was:

- It took a while to find some useful java unit tests which we can
easily implement also in PHP and which test the needed java classes.

- Next step was to integrate PHPUnit3 into our UnitTesting Package and
set up a first simple test.

I did not checked that work in the repository, because the whole testing
stuff was made very quickly and is not so "official" (naming conventions
and so on). Also the testing concept is still in work. I can take a look
over it, and then maybe do a "checkin".

Whats your opinion, should i checkin the rough testing stuff?

Greets,
Ronny