[TYPO3-50-general] PHP Data Objects (PDO)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Nov 24 13:51:34 CET 2006

Ronny Unger schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>

>> That PDO is the way to go if you access a DB "directly". As you still
>> need to cope with SQL variants you need a little help in creating SQL
>> statements. So it's still ADOdb for me.
>>
>> I don't know if a dev is still allowed to access a SQL-DB by other
>> means then via the CR.
>
> You are fully right. Normally a developer should only use the CR methods
> to get his stuff from storage. I used "storage" because the CR is not
> limited to "SQL databases". So the way using the CR should simplify the
> access to the stored data.

Does the CR have a way to get list-oriented data like with SQL? I don't see
me fiddling with a CR-API if (who know SQL) am perfectly happy with SQL for
storing data. Especially if I'm trying to have some control of the thing to
have influnce on the performance.

 > If I remember correctly, we don't have made a decision, what database
 > abstraction layer the CR will use. We are still disussing about some
 > alternatives.

What are these besides PEAR:DB and a self written one.

Masi