[TYPO3-50-general] PHP Data Objects (PDO)

Ronny Unger ru at phpz.de
Fri Nov 24 12:48:38 CET 2006

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

> That PDO is the way to go if you access a DB "directly". As you still
> need to cope with SQL variants you need a little help in creating SQL
> statements. So it's still ADOdb for me.
>
> I don't know if a dev is still allowed to access a SQL-DB by other means
> then via the CR.

You are fully right. Normally a developer should only use the CR methods
to get his stuff from storage. I used "storage" because the CR is not
limited to "SQL databases". So the way using the CR should simplify the
access to the stored data.

> IMHO the PHP-CR should use ADOdb to access the SQL-DB. Any other code
> should use ADOdb as well. All current SQL-generating code should be
> replaced by ones accessing ADOdb directly (no Mysql-SQL parsing and
> recreating as done with DBAL).

If I remember correctly, we don't have made a decision, what database
abstraction layer the CR will use. We are still disussing about some
alternatives.

Greets,
Ronny