[TYPO3-50-general] Thoughts on UML tools for TYPO3 V5

Dan Frost dan at 3ev.com
Fri Nov 17 10:44:58 CET 2006

Robert + all,

Quick update below. I expect to publish this within a week or so.

I have built the code to parse PHP into a model which can be used to
generate XMI, and I have got XMI going to a model and then into PHP...

- PHP -> Model -> XMI
- XMI -> Model -> PHP

The CLI works very simply. j5 is the command line program.

This line creates a model file (currently, serialized object but I want
to serialize to XML):
	j5	model	/source/to/model 	output.obj

These lines make XMI and PHP from the model
	j5	make	output.obj	/path/to/new/source/dir
	j5	make	output.obj	someFile.xmi

This line compares two sources/files/objects to see what elements have
changed - e.g. functions added, methods moved, files moved, classes
renamed...

	j5	compare	[source 1] 	[source 2]
	j5	compare output.obj	/path/to/src
	j5	compare	myFile.xmi	/path/to/src

And this (which I'm working on at the moment) merges one model into another
	j5	merge 	[merge into]	[merge from]
	j5	merge	myModel.xmi	/path/to/src

...More to follow...

dan