[TYPO3-50-general] General thoughts/ docbook

Daniel Bruessler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Wed Nov 15 11:39:10 CET 2006

Hello,

>> http://tools.wikimedia.de/~magnus/wiki2xml/w2x.php

yes, that's it for wikimedia. By the way - here I'm collecting things
about this topic:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Documentation_joblist#Wiki_DocBook_OpenOffice_PDF

> i already played with this tool and i have to say that it's far from
> beeing complete and well documented. it works(mostly) but for real world
> usage it would have to be developed much further. not a big deal but
> somneone has to do it.

It's a sourceforge-project if I saw it right.

> i personally also thougt about using a wiki as documentation base since
> many extensions are not well documented.
yes, it works, because a wiki-page is a very low barrier for contributing

another option would be to
> create custum documentations by writing an index and leaving out all the
> chapters wich are irrelevant for the corrent customer.

oh what? I don't guess what you mean.

> the extension provides something like that but it hardly works. and at
> least no correct index is generated.

but it's a proof of concept :-)

Cheers!
Daniel Brüßler