[TYPO3-50-general] General thoughts/ docbook

Johannes Reichardt typo3 at gramba.de
Tue Nov 14 21:50:24 CET 2006

Hi Daniel,
> If I understood it right the xml-editor is a check how easy one can
> write valid DocBook-based documentation. Other projects use DocBook
> since a long time, so it makes much sense to check how to handle this.
>
> I found a half-ready plugin for the wiki some days ago. The idea behind
> is to transform the wiki-markup into docbook-XML. If I would have more
> time I would care for the import/export.
>
> OpenOffice can write docbook, too, since version 2. But it just works if
> the editors uses it correctly.
>
> The TER is ready for docbook - so it would be possible to create PDFs
> from docbook. PDFs are needed - it's not nice to just print a bunch of
> html-pages.

Thanks for the info - so you basically say that there is an extension
that takes wikicontent and transforms it to docbook XML?

After a quick research i found this thingy which seems to produce ok
results pretty flexible:

http://tools.wikimedia.de/~magnus/wiki2xml/w2x.php

Such a plugin for a simple wiki would be great since it combines two
advantages: content is fast to edit and it gives you a nice printable
version if needed.
It would be also great if other users could edit the docs, so there is
no dependance on the extension writer and everything is in place.

- Johannes