[TYPO3-50-general] General thoughts/ docbook

Daniel Bruessler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Tue Nov 14 20:31:40 CET 2006

Hello Johannes,

- about your documentation-idea -

> - You really want to stick to XML editor?
> It looks choppy and i really do not understand why typo3 needs such
> extra sausages for documentation. I personally would prefer a simply
> wiki and some plugins that make a nice printable version. Please
> enlighten me if there is a good reason for it.

If I understood it right the xml-editor is a check how easy one can
write valid DocBook-based documentation. Other projects use DocBook
since a long time, so it makes much sense to check how to handle this.

I found a half-ready plugin for the wiki some days ago. The idea behind
is to transform the wiki-markup into docbook-XML. If I would have more
time I would care for the import/export.

OpenOffice can write docbook, too, since version 2. But it just works if
the editors uses it correctly.

The TER is ready for docbook - so it would be possible to create PDFs
from docbook. PDFs are needed - it's not nice to just print a bunch of
html-pages.

kind regards
Daniel Brüßler