[TYPO3-50-general] T3 5 = T3 4-backwards compatibility?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Dec 1 09:53:25 CET 2006

Johannes Reichardt schrieb:
> Hi there,
>
> reading these discussion i was just wondering about another approach:
>
> How about a version of the current code that simply removes every
> backwards compatibility stuff and especially cares about overall
> "lightness", also tweaking
> everything that slows Typo3 down?

Thought about that too, but in a different context. I saw it as a site
migration step from 4.x to 5.0. If your site runs on 4.9 (all deprecated
stuff removed), it'll be ready for a real 5.0 conversion.

But I see no real chance to remove anything deprecated witin 4.x. The
roadmap is set up that onyl 5.0 will remove any (configuration) cruft.

Masi