[TYPO3-windows] TYPO3 6.2.4 under XAMPP: Introduction Package - no Template, no Pages

richard mei richardIonlineI at alice-dsl.net
Sat Aug 16 05:12:02 CEST 2014

Issue
After installing the introduction package there is a message similar to 'Congratulations the introduction package was installed successfully'.
But when looking under Page or Template in the BE there are neither pages nor a template.
If I check whether specific package files exist they do - in my case under D:\Install\xampp\htdocs\typo3_src-6.2.4_1\typo3conf\ext\introduction (folders: Initialisation, Resources; files: ext_emconf.php, ext_icon.gif, README.md). That's why I believe that there is no access rights issue.
In file PackageStates.php an array 'introduction' is also listed whereas in file LocalConfiguration.php the entry 'introduction' => 'a:0:{}', looks a bit too short for my guess. 'bootstrap_package' in contrary - that can be seen in BE - has a 'full' entry.

Seems that in the course of the years different people with different versions of TYPO3 came over thus an issue. Has anyone a glue for a solution or an idea how I could track back the root cause of this behaviour?
I checked Apache error.log, php_error_log, mysql_error.log but the last errors are older than the access to e. g. Template in BE.
Does TYPO3 create something like an error.log?

I find myself quite helpless with this TYPO3 thing stuff.

Setup
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- XAMPP (installed according to requirements as under TYPO3/TYPO3.CMS/blob/master/INSTALL.md)
  ( I let it run under normal user and under admin)
- TYPO3 6.2.4 (package typo3_src-6.2.4.zip)