[Typo3-windows] IIS permissions issues

John Nicholas typo3user at mobosplash.com
Tue Jan 3 20:19:20 CET 2006

I usually run typo3 under apache on linux but have a client running it
under IIS using Zend WinEnabler. (This is fastCGI style approach that
also includes Zend Optimizer) Most of the system runs ok but I have a
couple of odd problems.

First, I cannot edit text files in Fileadmin, I just get a 500 error.
I'm not sure where to even start chasing this down.

Second, when I upload images in fileadmin there is something subtly
wrong with the permissions so that imagemagick cannot manipulate them.
If they are not being resized or anything they serve fine but if they
get resized the don't work and thumbnails don't work. I can log on to
the server and do an "inherit permissions" update and everything works
fine but it does prevent my users from seamlessly using the backend.

Thanks
John