[Typo3-windows] Typo3, ImageMagick 4.2.9 and IIS6 little Howto

Arne Schram arneschram at tiscali.nl
Thu Jan 5 21:50:47 CET 2006

This Howto is a summary of the stuff found all over the Internet to get
Typo3. I spent so much time getting it up and running and I hope this
will save you a lot of time. I assume you are familiar with the
configuration of IIS.

Install ImageMagick
1. Download ImageMagick from http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/windows/
2. Unzip it to C:\IMAGEMAGICK\

Configure IIS (application pool)
1. Create an application pool especially for the Typo3 website
2. Edit the properties of the new application pool and change the
identity to local system (it’s less secure but it’s the only solution
for now)

Configure IIS (typo3 website)
Edit the properties of the Typo3 website.
1. On the tab directory create a new application under application setting
2. Assign the just created application pool to application pool
3. Check if the execute permissions are script and executables

Actions on CMD.exe
1. Copy CMD.exe from c:\windows\system32 to c:\windows\system32\inetsrv
2. Assign Read & execute permissions to the IUSR_....

Configure Typo3
Now it’s possible to configure typo3 by the install menu (basic
configuration) and the Image Processing test must be successful.

In my case the tests with read pdf and read AI test are still not
successful but I’m happy for now.

I hope this little Howto if helpful for you.

Arne Schram