[TYPO3-windows] install problems

Darko Kalevski kdarko at unet.com.mk
Wed Apr 19 00:16:22 CEST 2006

>> if you have set up php, mysql4 and apache 2. then the easiest way is to
>> unzip typo3 source and the dummy packahe in a same folder.
>> call that folder thru your web browser and you are almost there. you are
>> setting a password at the beggining when it asks, then you use that one.
>> cookies and javascript should be turned on..
>

> yes ive set up php4.4.2, mysql4.1 and apache2...
> ive unzipped the typ03 source and the dummy package into the same folder
> and set it as the documentroot of apache...
>
> the page to enter the database parameters apears...
> username:
> password:
> host:
> i enter the corresponding details [ or nothing for that matter ] ...
> and the install tool password log in page apears...

after this first screen with username, password and host, i've been
always getting:
   You have two options:

1: Select an existing EMPTY database:
Any existing tables which are used by TYPO3 will be overwritten in Step
3. So make sure this database is empty:

2: Create new database (recommended):
Enter the desired name of the database here:

did you get the zip arhives?

simply try reinstalling, I mean deploy it again in another folder from
the zip files...

or use mysql query browser to manually edit the user details, you can
try to delete the password field and leave an empty value...

darko