[TYPO3-windows] install problems

^_^ tcosy at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 19 10:29:53 CEST 2006

"Darko Kalevski" <kdarko at unet.com.mk> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1145398605.6826.typo3-windows at lists.netfielders.de...

> after this first screen with username, password and host, i've been
> always getting:
>   You have two options:
>

> 1: Select an existing EMPTY database:
> Any existing tables which are used by TYPO3 will be overwritten in Step
> 3. So make sure this database is empty:
>

> 2: Create new database (recommended):
> Enter the desired name of the database here:

this is what i expected[want] to see but didnt... all i get is the install
tool log in page... grrrrrr...

> did you get the zip arhives?
>
> simply try reinstalling, I mean deploy it again in another folder from
> the zip files...

yes...
i first tried the typo3_4src and the dummy site zips...
then tried the WAMP installer...
then tried the quickstart.zip...

> or use mysql query browser to manually edit the user details, you can
> try to delete the password field and leave an empty value...

ive been using phpmyadmin to manually edit the database "typo3" starting
with the"be_users" table using the md5() function for the password...

no good so far... : [:::....

what windows services are nessesary?