[TYPO3-windows] install problems

^_^ tcosy at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 03:03:11 CEST 2006

thanks for the reply darko...

"Darko Kalevski" <kdarko at unet.com.mk> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1145295356.7392.typo3-windows at lists.netfielders.de...
> i wouldnt go with mysql5.
> anyway follow this first (very good to the point)
> http://www.apachemysqlphp.com

yes i thoght that might be it so i installed mysql4.1 but same result...
keep getting thi log in page...

>> i enter user and password of my mysql server... then what seems to be
>> step 2 of the install... to enter the install tool password... i think
>> it is as a default "joh316"...
>
> it is the password you have just entered previously.

no... previously i entered the password for mysql...

>> i enter "joh316" as the install tool password...
>>
>> and the same page loads asking me to log in again...

> if you have set up php, mysql4 and apache 2. then the easiest way is to
> unzip typo3 source and the dummy packahe in a same folder.
> call that folder thru your web browser and you are almost there. you are
> setting a password at the beggining when it asks, then you use that one.
> cookies and javascript should be turned on..

yes ive set up php4.4.2, mysql4.1 and apache2...
ive unzipped the typ03 source and the dummy package into the same folder and
set it as the documentroot of apache...

the page to enter the database parameters apears...
username:
password:
host:
i enter the corresponding details [ or nothing for that matter ] ...
and the install tool password log in page apears...
ive tried lots of combinations here...
at the moment i think it is set to "joh316" as when i enter this the same
page gets loaded... but when i enter a random password an aditional tex
appears at the bottom...

"The password you just tried has this md5-value:
9a6c273c1f1d23eec1d56c3d6d89cd69"

the same happens if i manually change the password in the localconf file...
[md5(password)]
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['installToolPassword'] =
'bacb98acf97e0b6112b1d1b650b84971';

im now thinking that it may be able to write to that directory as a file
[temp_CACHED_ps11c3_ext_localconf.php] has been writen to my typo3conf
directory...

anything else i should be doing?
ive been at this for almost a week now and am at my wits end... please help?
: [

thanks michael aroustian