[TYPO3-windows] install problems...

Darko Kalevski kdarko at unet.com.mk
Mon Apr 17 19:35:43 CEST 2006

^_^ wrote:
> hi... im new to typo3 and am having problems installing it...
> im using:
>
> - windowsXP
> - apache2
> - PHP 4.4.2
> - MYSQL 5

i wouldnt go with mysql5.
anyway follow this first (very good to the point)
http://www.apachemysqlphp.com

> all seem to be working fine... i can view localhost, process PHP
> scripts, connect and edit the mysql database...
>
> i started by downloading the typo3 src and the dummy site zips and
> unpacked them to a "typo3" directory in my webroot folder...
>
> then i request the index.php file with my web browser [opera... and also
> checked ie...] and first get a database error "No database selected"...
> then loads the "123" install tool...

use IE. as it is recommended. not mandatory at this phase though...

> i enter user and password of my mysql server... then what seems to be
> step 2 of the install... to enter the install tool password... i think
> it is as a default "joh316"...

it is the password you have just entered previously.

> i enter "joh316" as the install tool password...
>
> and the same page loads asking me to log in again...
>
> i cant get past it... ive tried many combinations...
>
> ive tried editing typo3conf/localconf.php and setting the value of
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['installToolPassword']
> to the md5() hash value of the password... still same result... [almost
> like it cant write the details to the file...]
>
> i was thinking that it was a write permission issue but have allowed
> everyone full control of the folder and still same result...

if you have set up php, mysql4 and apache 2. then the easiest way is to
unzip typo3 source and the dummy packahe in a same folder.
call that folder thru your web browser and you are almost there. you are
setting a password at the beggining when it asks, then you use that one.
cookies and javascript should be turned on..

darko