[TYPO3-windows] install problems...

^_^ tcosy at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 17 15:25:22 CEST 2006

hi... im new to typo3 and am having problems installing it...
im using:

- windowsXP
- apache2
- PHP 4.4.2
- MYSQL 5

all seem to be working fine... i can view localhost, process PHP scripts,
connect and edit the mysql database...

i started by downloading the typo3 src and the dummy site zips and unpacked
them to a "typo3" directory in my webroot folder...

then i request the index.php file with my web browser [opera... and also
checked ie...] and first get a database error "No database selected"... then
loads the "123" install tool...

i enter user and password of my mysql server... then what seems to be step 2
of the install... to enter the install tool password... i think it is as a
default "joh316"...

i enter "joh316" as the install tool password...

and the same page loads asking me to log in again...

i cant get past it... ive tried many combinations...

ive tried editing typo3conf/localconf.php and setting the value of
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['installToolPassword']
to the md5() hash value of the password... still same result... [almost like
it cant write the details to the file...]

i was thinking that it was a write permission issue but have allowed
everyone full control of the folder and still same result...

ive tried installing the typo3wamp4rc3 installer 1.0 into my webroot folder
and using a browser to request the file typo3/install/install.php and either
get blank html or a php error in line 88 of install.php [which is trying to
write to the directory hence my write permission thinking...]

ive tried stepping back to php 4.3.1...
ive even tried installing it on another windowsXP box with the same
result...

ive tried reading all the documentation available and the corresponding
maillist/bbs to no avail can some one help?
has anyone else encountered this issue?

am i missing something? or just being stupid?

id be truly greatfull to whoever can help me out...

sincerely michael