[TYPO3-windows] typo3 4 dummy + source

Darko Kalevski kdarko at unet.com.mk
Sat Apr 15 22:28:33 CEST 2006

Whoelse :)

>> thanks
>>
>> darko
>

> Did you use the zip or tar source.

zip.

> TYPO3 4.0 hasn't all the internal symlinks. The only reason for using
> symlinks is when you install the source outside the webroot to serve
> more than one installation. Thats make also the procedure in the wiki
> obsolete (not everything).
>
> My advice. Install the source and dummy package in the same folder
> (webroot), and test it. If you want to symlink the source the only
> symlinks you need is typo3 in source to typo3 in webroot and t3lib in
> source to t3lib in webroot. Maybe also index.php i webroot, but if you
> use the zip version of dummy it shouldn't be necessary.

I did that. Works having both in the same folder. But now works mine
too, for some reason all the pictures in t3_source/typo3/gfx were not
there, just the subfolder with the respective picture files within these
subfolders. I manually copied again these files to /gfx, and all is
fine. No idea really what happened.
I know, and thats why I want to have the source separately and each site
just linked with the source. I like to have flexbility and all options
open. This gives me to options, either to create a new site with the
source and the dummy in one folder or just to create new dummy folder
from the dummy package and start from there...

thanks!

Darko