[TYPO3-windows] typo3 4 dummy + source

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Sat Apr 15 21:22:01 CEST 2006

Hello Darko,

> okay, me back :) Hi to all!
>
> I think I have successfully installed and configured all aspects of
> typo3 4 on windows. but ALMOST :(
>
> I have 3.8.1 already up and running on another box, all fine.
> I've used again this procedure I've written at
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Windows when symbolic links need to
> abe
> addressed. Seems all well but the pictures are not appearing. I can
> configure work and etc, but all links to the pictures are broken, for
> example:
> I'm navigating to:
> http://localhost/t3_dummy/typo3/install/index.php
> I get to Typoe3 Install tool but I cannot see any pictures from this
> point on, for example the top typo3 picture, the logo typo3 4 looks
> into:
> http://localhost/t3_dummy/typo3/gfx/typo3logo.gif
> In /gfx there are no files, just subfolders, and there is not
> typo3logo.gif file at all within the subfolders in /gfx.
> There are three files with this name but are located completely
> elsewhere.
> hint? anyone had this situation and care to share his solution or
> thoughts how to troubleshoot it?
>
> thanks
>
> darko

Did you use the zip or tar source.

TYPO3 4.0 hasn't all the internal symlinks. The only reason for using symlinks
is when you install the source outside the webroot to serve more than one
installation. Thats make also the procedure in the wiki obsolete (not everything).

My advice. Install the source and dummy package in the same folder (webroot),
and test it. If you want to symlink the source the only symlinks you need
is typo3 in source to typo3 in webroot and t3lib in source to t3lib in webroot.
Maybe also index.php i webroot, but if you use the zip version of dummy it
shouldn't be necessary.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no