[Typo3-windows] Install typo3.8.0

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Thu Oct 20 13:56:27 CEST 2005

Hello Michael,

Can't tell, running just fine at my pc. But there are some differences between
XP and 2003 server, and also differences regarding to run php as isapi or
cgi. The core permission system in 2003 server is more complicated, and you
often need to give more cataloges and files correct permissions. On 2003
server you also have to give permission for the user IWAM_.... (If i don't
remember wrong).

So there is nothing that says that TYPO3 3.8 isn't running on Server 2003
and IIS6. But every permissions has to be set correct. Even if the core permission
of the server i sligtly wrong, you got problems.

It's one of the reasons I have dropped windows, and moving both testing and
live servers to Linux. It's easier when you have learned the 3 or 4 steps
you have to take. Even WAMP is an more easy solution. I even have an testing
PC with TYPO3 3.8, MySQL 5.0.12beta and PHP 5.1beta and Apache 2.1 beta who
is working nearly 100 %.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no