[Typo3-windows] Problem publishin web site

Claudio claudio4371 at tiscali.it
Fri Aug 19 00:38:14 CEST 2005

My ISP said that I cannot change the permission of the file, but I should
copy all the file that need to be read or writtenm onto a public directory
inside my site so It should works, but nothing happen always the same
errors.... is it so difficult to publish a web sitre in typo3 ? Are you sure
that I do not have to configure some files but only copy the extracted zip
quickstart site into my web server of the service provider ?

Thanks for youir help

Claudio

"Erwin Hontheim" <typo3 at hontheim.info> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:mailman.1351.1124367014.24980.typo3-windows at lists.netfielders.de...
Hi Claudio

It looks like a permission problem, doesn't it? You are using IIS as far as
I can see.

Please take a look into a thread in this mailing list. The thread was
started 2 days ago with the title "Install Site not visible".

Some folders needs write permission for the IUSR_xxx where xxx is your
servermaschine. Just rightclick on the necessary folder, select the tab
security (as I'm using the german windows version I'm not sure if it is
called security or if MS is using another label) an give IUSER_xxx write
permission.

If you are not allowed to change the permissions: uuups.

- Erwin Hontheim (ehontheim)