[Typo3-windows] Install

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Tue Jun 10 19:53:15 CEST 2003

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Hi Thorsten,
>

>>- Can I use typo3, when my homepage is on a server at lommes.de?
>

> Who or what is lommes.de???

lommes.de => loomes.de -> low coast/heavily shared-server hosting.
You can try that, but I'd say you it is NO FUN!
I've recently tested Typo3 on Strato.de... Try 15 times and you'll see
the website once ;-)

>>- Or can I use typo3 on my WinXP System and after use typo3 I make an
>>upload of thec code to the server?

No problem, I have worked that way for quite a while, though I'm now
gonna become a Tuxican (or however you call s.o. using Linus' OS)...

>>- On my Sytem ist an WIN SQL-Server installed. When I start my-sql the
>>traffic-light is red. What do I make wrong?

Sometimes I experienced a red traffic light in the taskbar although
MySQL was working well, so my question: does MySQL work? What about
http://localhost/phpmyadmin?
Try starting MySQL direcly via c:/apache/mysql/bin/mysqld-nt.exe
(or something like that).

>>Thorsten Hahn
>>Das Training ® - Beuther, Hahn, Jaeger & Partner
>>Unternehmens- und Personalentwicklung
>>
>>Telefon:      +49 (2234) 89 99 91
>>Fax:          +49 (2234) 89 99 92
>>Mobil:        +49 (172) 28 26 615
>>
>>Firmensitz                    Büroadresse
>>Cramergasse 9         Karl-Zörgiebel-Str. 23
>>88131 Lindau          50259 Pulheim-Brauweiler
>>
>>Email:        Thorsten.Hahn at das-training.de
>>Web:          www.das-training.de
>

> Would be nice if you shortened your advertisement a little bit. I think this
> is a support forum, not an advertising board... Thanks.

Anyway, just put a little marker "-- " (minus minus space) above the
signature and I don't care about how long it is. MozillaMail rules!

--
bye
Ingmar