[Typo3-windows] What to use as smtp server on Typo/Windows?

Simon Child simondt at gpuk.net
Sun Jul 27 20:03:09 CEST 2003

"ossipetz" <ossipetz at myrealbox.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1059327961.5792.typo3-windows at lists.netfielders.de...
> well mercury mail is somehow famous for windows (as its free)
> http://www.pmail.com/overviews/ovw_mercury.htm
>
> some others may be found at http://nonags.iplexx.at/servd32.html
>
> or use any smtp that is reachable from your windows-server? also sambar
web
> server offers smtp support (but not for free?)
>
> try mercury :-)

Thanks. In fact I have set up mercury once before, a few years ago, so that
sounds a good option :)

Is it compatible with typo3? I suppose what I am asking is how to arrange
for typo3 and php, which might expect to find sendmail or an alias for
sendmail, to use mercury?

Maybe it will be obvious when I install typo3 or php on windows, but I
haven't done that yet, just used Linux so far.

--
Simon