[Typo3-windows] What to use as smtp server on Typo/Windows?

ossipetz ossipetz at myrealbox.com
Sun Jul 27 20:27:30 CEST 2003

well typo3 is using the php mail() method to send the emails. so in the
php.ini the mail-server is set.

why the sendmail path is needed is a mystery for me. if you set the mail
server in the php.ini then you can test it within the basic configuration.
dont enter anything for the sendmail path in typo3

from php.ini:

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost