[TYPO3-UG UK] Help - Special characters

Edmund Huggett edmund at xact.uk.com
Wed Oct 24 12:27:13 CEST 2012

Hi Elisabetta,

You will need direct access (such as FTP or SSH) to the server that the
typo3 files are on to edit localconf.php!

just to be clear, its a file you need to open with a text editor and not
a web page you can view in a web browser.

When you have found the directory than contains all the Typo3 files (the
webroot) you can find localconf.php inside the "typo3conf" directory, I
would suggest you take a copy before you try to edit it just in case
(and make sure your backups are working before you change anything with
the install tool!).

Regards

Edmund