Re [Typo3-UG UK] tt_news

Stefan Onken Support at stonki.de
Tue Jul 29 21:03:29 CEST 2003

Am Montag, 28. Juli 2003 17:13 schrieb Adrian Yeeles:

> 1    You click a link in the news story latest list to see the
> 2   Typo looks to see which page to display it on - in your set
> 3    Typo looks for tt_news elements to insert the single story
> into. You've got two - "SEARCH" and "LATEST" - but this doesn't
> bother Typo - it goes ahead and inserts the story into BOTH
> instances and so you end up with two copies of the same story on
> the page!

> So, one way to solve your problem is to display single news
> stories on a new page - using "SINGLE" as the code there. That
> will fix it.
Thanks for the explaination - I thought it this way, but I was
hoping for an easy way to bypass this - I got rid of the search
button for now. It bother me more in the FAQ
http://www.proftpd.de/13.0.html
Once I added more Questions to it, an integrated search would be
nice - and to split it to two pages is a little bit ... it's not
nice ;)

> Btw you seem to be using the old news template - have you got the
> latest Typo installed?

well, the "About Typo3" Button in the backend says:
"TYPO3 Ver. 3.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2003 Kasper Skårhøj"
The news is "News tt_news 1.0.4"

should be the latest one... (AFAIK)

cu
Stefan