Re [Typo3-UG UK] tt_news

Adrian Yeeles a.yeeles at synergy-communications.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 18:13:14 CEST 2003

Stefan

> you will see the selected news twice !

> RTFM
> "search, latest" does the trick...

Not when I look at it: there are still two copies of the news story.

What's happening is this:

1    You click a link in the news story latest list to see the full
news story;

2   Typo looks to see which page to display it on - in your set up, you
use the same page, 40.

3    Typo looks for tt_news elements to insert the single story into.
You've got two - "SEARCH" and "LATEST" - but this doesn't bother Typo -
it goes ahead and inserts the story into BOTH instances and so you end
up with two copies of the same story on the page!

I'm not sure whether his should be described as a bug or not: if you
<emp>only</emp> have a search, the results are displayed via the search
element itself, and if you <emp>only</emp> have LATEST, clicking one of
the links means single news items can also be displayed (on the same
page).

So, one way to solve your problem is to display single news stories on
a new page - using "SINGLE" as the code there. That will fix it.

Btw you seem to be using the old news template - have you got the
latest Typo installed?

regards

Adrian

Adrian Yeeles