[Typo3-UG UK] great! but???

Dominic Stockdale dom at 3ev.com
Tue Jul 29 11:24:51 CEST 2003

June wrote:
> Hi Typo3 user,
> that's really a great and clean tool.
> BUT, there are two major drawbacks as far as I can see it now:
> (Please correct me, if I'm wrong:)
>
> a) Windows only RTF-Editing

Yes currently there's only the RTE editor for windows IE.

> b) limited workflow: minimally two more things should be possible:
> workflow should
>   1) automatically start with the creation of a new object (say page)
> and not the creation of a task
>   2) automatically start when an existing page is altered.

Yes I agree the workflow is a bit limited at the moment. This is
something that people are working on.

> Principally I think, such extensions should be possible. But before
> investing too much in diving into this excellent product:

They are very possible to realise

> Has anybody an idea how much work this will be, to add this
> features: (for A: integrate another open source rtf-editor; for B: no
> plan)

Quite a lot. You need to get your head round Typo first, but that's very
worthwhile.

> Kind regards
>
> Mai

Sorry to be so brief. Lot's to do.