[TYPO3-UG US] OT: Forms, accessibility (was Drupal vs. TYPO3)

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu May 7 10:42:03 CEST 2009

> Why the patronizing attitude? What does ANY of this have to do with
> this thread?

Well - on the other hand, what has the ridiculously complicated templating
method of sr_feuser_register to do with this thread? :-) After all it's not
TYPO3 that does it this way or forces the extension developer to do it this
way.
So if you compare TYPO3 and Drupal you should not include a particular TYPO3
extension.

Out of the box you can easily setup a TypoScript FORM element using the
dataArray method and hand over the data to a userFunc that handles
evalutation and DB actions. Of course this userFunc is not available out of
the box but the forms are. And if developers would use this FORM element (or
other TS cObjects as well) instead of HTML templates with thousands of lines
and markers, many things would be much easier for the end user.

I did a tutorial about that in Dallas and Zach Davis had a talk with almost
the same topic and we both came to the conclusion that it's not a problem of
TYPO3 itself but a lack of TypoScript knowledge among extension developers
that makes working with many extensions so mindsplittingly complicated.

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de