[TYPO3-UG US] Multi-language support

Dennis Shewmaker dshewmaker at promission.net
Tue Jul 21 20:16:11 CEST 2009

Patrick Gaumond wrote:

> AFAIK, there's no support for "Multiple variants" of the same language.
> I suppose you mean the classic "Color-Colour" or the infamous:
> "Courriel" in Québec, "Email" in France...  ;)

I am sure you could copy the English language info and insert a record
for the new language in the appropriate tables and rename it English -
Australian and you just created your own language.

I have done that with other systems and TYPO3 uses a very similar
method. It does take some thinking at the start, but once something is
setup it works just like the other languages.

--
Dennis