[TYPO3-UG US] Multi-language support

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick-s-p-a-m at hotmail-sp-a-m.com
Tue Jul 21 19:53:38 CEST 2009

Peter Dittman wrote:

> I'm working with a client who, as part of their corporate initiative, is
> being asked to migrate to typo3 - her concern is support for multiple
> languages, and in particular, multiple variants of English (Australian
> English, US English, British English)...
>
> Is there such support?  and what's involved in building a site to include
> multiple languages?  Is there an FAQ/demo that I might view to learn more?
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> -Peter

Bonjour Peter,

I think my friends answered too quickly... :)

AFAIK, there's no support for "Multiple variants" of the same language.
I suppose you mean the classic "Color-Colour" or the infamous:
"Courriel" in Québec, "Email" in France...  ;)

The other point to consider is: Do you need such support on the website
(Frontend, FE), for the editors' interface (Backend, BE) or both ?

Just found an old feature request I posted years ago for such variants:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5759

Patrick