[TYPO3-UG US] THANKS!

Peter Proell peter at typo3.org
Wed Apr 29 18:54:39 CEST 2009

Hi Michael, hi Sean, hi Jeff, hello to all of you!

> I attended the TYPO3 Association meeting in Zurich this past March.
> Currently, the TYPO3.com and TYPO3.org reorganization is held up by a
> private company either paid by the T3A or volunteering to do the work.

There is the T3REORG project team with Rasmus Skjoldan as teamleader.
T3REORG is the new typo3.org reorganizing project which was kickstarted
at T3CON08 in Berlin. Here, a pack of TYPO3 devotees formulated a basic
collaborative and open way to rework the project of succesfully
launching typo3.org. The project includes the merging of typo3.org &
typo3.com, the inclusion of a lot of sub sites, a mass of new content,
new design and much much more.

> In any case, rumors has it that only content is left to be migrated and the
> new launch is around September. That being said, during the meeting we
> talked a bit of the concerns of getting real marketing awareness of TYPO3
> out there.

As this is a pretty udge project it will take it's time. It is not only
about content. There are a lot of new ideas of how the new site will be
sexier, and this is not just content but functionality, too. There are
no dates given yet for the final launch of the new reorganized TYPO3
site afaik.

> Also, as part of the TYPO3 reorg project is the attempt to raise money for
> hiring a professional marketer for promoting TYPO3 based upon a
> professionally written marketing plan for open source projects. If you'd
> like to help support that effort, please donate through
> http://typo3.org/donate and mark the funds for the fundraising project.
>
> Read more on fundraising at http://typo3.org/donate/fundraising-project/.

This is the marketing & fundraising team with Kian T. Gould as
teamleader (different team). And he is doing a great job. The money is
important to bring development and marketing of TYPO3 forward.

> I've asked Peter, T3A communication guru, for him to get back with me with
> an update if possible.

:-D. Thanks for the "guru", Michael. I do not consider myself as a guru
but just one of numberous TYPO3 enthusiasts ;-).

When it comes to communication there was a little gap in the past. This
will change in the near future as Soeren Schaffstein (and others) is
preparing the new TYPO3 newsletter. Also we are working through all
means of communication looking for possibilities to make them better or
add services (as the newsletter).

The next quarterly report of the TYPO3 Association (which will also be
published in near future) should contain a report of the T3REORG team
(as well as a report of the other teams).

Enjoy life!
Peter

Further infos on T3REORG:
- http://buzz.typo3.org/people/rasmus/article/t3reorg-underway/