[TYPO3-UG US] any recommendations for a dedicated hosting provider?

Michael Cannon michael at cannonbose.com
Mon Jan 16 02:55:45 CET 2006

Floyd,

My last VPS is at fortressitx.com which if you check WebHostingTalk
has pretty decent ratings also.

For ThePlanet, I prefer the P2800SR as a baseline, but the normal
P2800 and P3200 that I have, run strongly with 2 GB RAM. I purchase
the additional RAM upfront as to avoid the $ 50/month rental fee.
I've found the rvskin email setup to be the best open source based
I've seen. My clients when it was first turned on wondered what
happened to their email. I run really low spam scores to really be
tough on spam. The additional bonus is that I spend more time taking
care of my client email than sorting through junk.

Give refurbished Dell boxes a try. I used refurbished gear with very
good luck until moving to Mac.

Michael

-----
Michael Cannon
President of Cannonbose, LLC
Tel    : +1 (206) 351-0159         Fax : +1 (802) 609-2776