[TYPO3-UG US] any recommendations for a dedicated hosting provider?

Manos Sifakis msifakis at customit.com
Sat Jan 28 23:19:59 CET 2006

Hi all,

First of all I would like to thank Greg for the plug :)

> CustomIT looks good, too; but they didn't provide much information on
> their site, and I prefer not to speak with sales unless absolutely
> necessary.

My company does not sell hosting to the masses. That is why we don't
have a lot of information posted online or an e-commerce solution for
accepting new customers. For most cases we sell hosting to people we
know and have a business relationship with.

>> In the end though, I'm of the same frame of mind as Greg, pay more
>> for reliability and security. One bad day of hosting is all you need
>> to ruin your reputation for a couple of years. Sadly, I learned the
>> hard way when a disk array crashed taking my live and backup hard
>> drives with them.
What you pay is definitely what you get.

> For sites local to Phoenix, I will colo a server at a data-center I
> found here. I don't suppose anyone knows where I can purchase a server
> at a good price? I know I can google it, but too many hacks manage to
> get good search engine rankings.

I would recommend the official HP Refurbished Division. We are using
them exclusively for most of our server/workstation needs and they have
been a pleasure to work with. I believe that they are one of the best
server solutions in the market today.

http://www.hp.com/go/refurbished

Best Regards

Manos Sifakis

custom I.T. Inc.
new media group

230 Sugartown Road Suite 205, Wayne PA 19087, USA
Phone: +1.610.765.1100 Toll Free: +1.866.287.8750 Fax: +1.240.250.4046
Web: www.customit.com Email: msifakis at customit.com

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.