[TYPO3-UG US] New forum on typo3.us

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Sat Oct 29 07:37:24 CEST 2005

Gabriel Anast wrote:

> That is one heck of a great idea. I have always thought it would be nice
> to have a little review by the author as well... like why they wrote it
> instead of using the other three extensions that presumably do the same
> thing, how they use it in their sites, whether it has been abandoned /
> incorporated into another ext or the code base, and which versions of
> TYPO3 it seems to work with and which versions it doesn't...
>

> Duffy, Chris wrote:
>
>> It might help people find the module they want if next to each download
>> link there could be a link to an image or live page/site that
>> illustrates what that module will do.

A project like this will never see a final version (like TYPO3) so the
prototype is the first step. Planning such projects in stages will help
us break it down into smaller manageable pieces. What we need to decide
is what are we going to do "first"...

Mapping out how TYPO3 extension sets relate to different horizontal and
vertical markets should keep us busy.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/horizontalmarket.asp
http://searchcio.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid19_gci213286,00.html

Horizontal
1. IT
2. Non Profits
3. B2B/B2C Marketing
4. Multimedia

Vertical
1. Information Portals
2. Churches
3. Sales force management
4. Entertainment

Getting back to our new Quickstart discussion perhaps we can all decide
on what will be in the Americanized Quickstart at the Typo3.us Forum.
Such discussions may get lost here in a month.

What it would take to adapt CHC Forum to this newsgroup here? Ideally we
could be populating http://test.typo3.us/support/forum/ right now from
here ;)

Remember the old English HOW TO/ FAQ mailing list?

cheers,
greg